what i love to hear...

I am so thankful that I have working ears.  I couldn't imagine not being able to hear.  Okay, I couldn't imagine being with any of my senses, but for the purpose of this blog I'm glad I have a sense of hearing.  Allow me to share with you just a few of the things I love to hear:

  • kids laughing
  • lawn mowers
  • rain
  • sincere apologies
  • "I love you."
  • gratitude/appreciation
  • water splashing
  • fire flickering
  • good music
  • bubble wrap
  • tape
  • crunching leaves
  • crunching anything, really. (acorns, chips, crackers...)
  • the cheers in cameron indoor stadium (Countdown to Craziness happens TOMORROW!)
  • the sounds of the fair (SATURDAY!)
  • a knife in a pumpkin (okay, that sound isn't that great but I'm carving my pumpkin Sunday & I wanted to keep with the weekend theme)
I don't like to hear dog whistles, bikes flying up behind me on a trail, sneezes, someone clipping or messing with their nails, bagpipes, bad brakes, sirens, and "goodbye."

...but what inspired the title of this post is what I like to hear the most:  the sound of the washing machine.  What do I like most about that?  If I hear it, it means I can stay on my tail and write this blog instead of deal with my laundry.  Unfortunately though, it just stopped.

PS- I seriously doubt anyone will notice, but I took down and deleted a few of my recent blogs.  I wrote those blogs for the purpose of being open and honest with the people in my life and for getting things off of my mind.  Now that I think the blogs have been read, they have more than served their purpose.  It's a brand new day and there's no need for my future blog readers to get to know me before getting to know me... if you know what I mean.  I'm fully convinced however that they will know my love for the fair. :)

Have a good night everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts