Buttered Graham Crackers!?!?

January 6th and 7th... 20 reasons to be happy. (at least according to my calendar :) )

  • chubby candles
  • an afternoon made for writing
  • perpetuating kindness
  • flavorful spices
  • watching a woodturner
  • a ladies' lunch
  • asking a bunch of questions
  • the ski patrol
  • chicken Kiev
  • blushing Golden Delicious apples
  • Michigan Rummy
  • a Big Mac and French fries
  • good clean jokes
  • praise
  • a dictionary by the bed
  • a dollhoue with electricity
  • de-icing the car
  • buttered graham crackers
  • a sharpened chef's knife
  • waiting patiently
I'm not full of many opinions or words today... but I do want to say waiting patiently would be a reason to be happy if it were possible, buttered graham crackers sound disgusting, and I guess a dictionary by the bed would be handy if you dream about words?  I don't know. 

I will include the weekend's reasons to be happy while I'm at it since I will not be at work (thank goodness) to look at my day-by-day calendar.

January 8th and 9th:

  • snow revealed by the porch light
  • movie-star smiles
  • landmark birthdays
  • attempting to beat a Guinness world record
  • grandfather clocks ticking
  • five-onion soup
  • newspapers in coffee shops
  • highlights in your hair
  • used-book scavenging
  • a generous supply of leftover Christmas cookies
  • an afternoon of quiet
  • cooking dinner with family
  • prints bought at a local art fair
  • winter fruits
  • sharing family history
  • a chicken and biscuit casserole
  • museum steps
  • funky dance music
  • bundling up for a snowball fight
  • a pleasant song in your head
Some of these really do make me happy.  :)  I'd like to mix a few together... like an afternoon of quiet with five-onion soup, a generous supply of leftover Christmas cookies, and a pleasant song in your head... followed by snow revealed by the porch light and bundling up for a snowball fight.  Sounds good to me!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Comments

Popular Posts