Heroes

I may be a little late to the party but I am finally seeing The Avengers tonight!  I'm a total sucker for all superhero movies and I have heard nothing but great things about this movie.  If it ranks anywhere near Dark Knight Rises, then I'll be leaving for Franklin street a happy girl.

Speaking of heroes... this is something you need to check out.  Click below then report back to the blog.

Play for Hope

A friend of mine started Play for Hope and now I have a heart for Africa for more than just the giraffes (cause if you know me you know I LOVE giraffes).  :)  Seriously, though... Play for Hope does a lot for the kids in Africa and recently started Heroes Soccer Academy (see the Academy tab on the site). 

"Heroes Academy helps vulnerable and forgotten youth, including but not limited to homeless youth, to have a safe place where they can develop their talents, learn to dream, and become the future heroes of Rwanda.  All athletes live at the academy with their coaches where they train, attend school, are fed, and are discipled. The academy is officially recognized by the Rwandan Football Federation." (copied from the PFH site)

Some of these kids were living in landfills...Can you imagine their happiness to be able to be a part of something like this? 

The contagious smiles and stories of these kids made it hard for me to choose... but I want to work my hardest to help sponsor Etienne.

Please consider helping me.  I don't make a lot of money and I can't do it alone... which I'm sure a lot of you reading this cannot either.  Even if it takes 20 people to chip in on this... look at the smile that we will be contributing to.  :)



E-mail me if you are interested.  lorimcrabtree@gmail.com  Share with friends.

Seriously... and I'll let you know how I like the movie.

(pics taken from playforhope.org)

Comments

Popular Posts