fair weather fans

I'm a total fair weather fan.  Nope, not what you're thinking; I'm a Blue Devil fan no matter what.  I, Lori Crabtree am a North Carolina State Fair weather fan.  When the time it takes to defrost my car is as long as my morning commute and the evenings call for curling up on the couch in sweatpants next to a caramel scented candle-- it is officially fair weather.  Some may call it the beginnings of fall, but I call it fair weather because it is a sign that my favorite thing of the year is coming soon.

SOON!  15 days, 17 hours and 25 minutes soon!  I can hardly stand it.

Those who know me well know of my love for the NC State Fair.  Last year I wrote multiple blog posts telling of the reasons to love the fair.  I blogged about the petting zoo, the cakes, apple cider and smokey the bear, the snake lady, Dave's I Got It game, crazy bathroom attendants, chocolate covered peanuts, caricatures, candy apples, free stuff and fried food.  Oh, and you can't forget the PIG RACES!

I could probably go on all night.  If you asked, I could write up an itinerary of what to do and could probably even draw you a map of where everything is... I could tell you where the $1.00 water bottles are and where the guy in the little purple car hides to do his free caricatures.  I could show you the shortcuts around the crowd and tell you what closes first so you don't miss the fresh apple cider or the craft exhibit.

Yeah, it's that serious.

Bring it on October, cause it's fair weather.

Comments

Popular Posts