Scattered, Smothered and Covered with a little LOVE

Today on my lunch break, I went to Target (is anyone surprised?).  With Valentine's Day approaching, it is covered in pink and red (which I would like to add that VDay is the ONLY time of the year those two colors are acceptable TOGETHER).  Cute stuff abounds/overwhelms from aisle to aisle.  I don't care much for the cheesy/typical stuff that high school girls dream of (and I never got...), but please just look at these and say awww!
 
 
 
awkward but super cute elephant.

and you know i LOVE giraffes.
 
Okay, now that that's over... let's get to my thought of the day.  Is VDay really that big of a deal?  Of course it's easy for me to say as a single girl... but honestly I've never cared much for it.  It's overplayed, over marketed, and be honest, who really thinks the candy inside of the heart boxes is edible!?  Not me!  I don't even like the word "nougat."
 
If I were in a relationship it would be simple.  Spend time with me.  I don't need jewelry.  I don't need steak. (even though I love to sparkle and down a heifer, lol!)  Really, though,  I don't need an expensive present and fancy dinner.  My favorite VDay to date was the time I went to Taco Bell with a guy I liked in high school.  He hand wrote me a letter and taped a lip shaped sucker to it.  It was CLEARLY true love. 
 
This morning on the radio I heard that Waffle House breaks out the fancy fancy for Valentine's Day.  Tablecloths and candlelight, that's what I'm talking about.  Low maintenance... scattered, smothered and covered with LOVE.  :)   
 
 
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great VDay on Tuesday, fancy or not.  As for me?  It will be the usual.  Going to the gym and then home.  I'm willing to bet that unlike the day after New Year's I will have my choice of machine.   [It's the little things.  :)]
 

Comments

Popular Posts