paying my respects...

I hate to blog twice in one night, but it wouldn't be right if I didn't pay my respects.


This past week, one of my best friends and life companion of 7 years passed away.  Always there through the difficult times and the fun times - there for me at the push of a button.  Went with me everywhere and knew everything about me.  All of this time together but I was left with nothing!  Not a picture, not a video, not a word document.


Yes, I said word document.  My iBook G4 has died after 7 faithful years in my possession.


This laptop was there through:

  • Ed's class.
  • "studying" in the Oasis.
  • Multiple hilarious video uploads.
  • Hundreds of photo uploads.
  • Last minute papers.
  • Late night AIM chats (who uses that anymore?)
  • Facebook stalking.
  • Plan making.
  • Job searching.
  • Blog writing.
  • Beach trips.
  • Lobby attending.


It was a good run, my laptop.  A good run.  At least you died while helping a good cause (http://playforhope.org/).

Rest in peace!

Side note-- if any of you Mac geeks can help me resurrect my computer - or at least some of my files, PLEASE let me know! 






Comments

Popular Posts