Selfish Summer Aspirations - aka - My Summer Bucket List ( and why you should join me )
I'm not sure why I didn't become a teacher. The idea of having summers free again is the most appealing thing I can think of as I sit in a windowless office. At least it is rainy today so I don't feel so bad about my predicament. Although my summer is full of Monday-Friday 8:30-5 at Iron Data... there is always after 5 and weekend time... to fulfill my summer bucket list! I'm sure I can add plenty of things to this, but for now I will stick with what I've got written down and tell you what I want to complete this year and why you should join me.
- An amusement park trip
- It doesn't matter which one (although Carowinds is at the bottom of the list) but I have to ride some rides this year. It is a tradition that I missed last summer and I refuse to miss out again. You should join me because I need a hand to hold going up the hills of the scariest rides. :)
- I'm terrible at it... but I want to play. You should join me because I can't run to the other side and back fast enough.
- Durham Bulls game + Fireworks
- I'm going to a DB game Thursday, but Friday night games have fireworks, and they're good.
You should join me because I said so.
- Yogurt Mountain
- I've never been and I've heard good reviews from friends.
You should join me because frozen yogurt is good!
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- You should go because I can't. June 11th. I'll be on vacation this year... but it's a good cause SO DO IT!
- Water Gun Fight
- Because I need to release my inner child. I did have an Easter Egg hunt this year, you know.
You should join me because shooting myself with a water gun does not sound exciting.
- Duke Gardens
- I want to see the pretty flowers :)
You should join me so the bees will have someone else to sting.
- Outdoor Movie
You should join me so I'm not the loser at a movie alone... and I don't want Darrell to find me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw)
- Pool Party
You should join me because it's not a party alone and children shouldn't swim unsupervised ;)
- Day trip(s) to the beach
- swimming, sand, & bocce.
You should join me because you love the beach too.
- See a sunset