Sick Puppies, Babies & Christmas


I wanted to blog today, because the writing bug bit me this morning.  Let's be clear, though.  The desire to write may be strong but that doesn't mean I have anything in particular I want to write about.  What do I do?  I resort to asking a friend for inspiration.

Well, that was a mistake. 

 Me:  I need blog motivation, mine died.
Ashley:  sick puppies. everyone having babies.
Me: .........

So, here are my thoughts. 

I love puppies.  Who doesn't?  I want one pretty bad.  So bad, in fact, that I considered getting a smaller dog and litter training it - as to not interfere too much with my social life.  Yeah, I would have been that person.  They're just so cute and cuddly, but the $350 nonrefundable pet fee for the apartment complex says "DON'T DO IT!"  I'm sure smaller dogs of the word are the more grateful that I don't take away their doghood by making them pee/poop in a box.  Also, what if my puppy gets sick??!?  This salary sure isn't paying for a vet bill, the little money I have saved is on reserve for if my car gets sick.  So my thoughts on sick puppies are that I'm glad I don't have to deal with them.  My life might be better with one, but my bank account is better without. 

Babies.  Like a sick puppy... I don't have the money or time for a baby right now.  But Ashley is right, everyone's having them.  Now, I'm not one of those people who is annoyed by the baby explosion that is my Facebook feed as a 27 year old, because I actually enjoy the photos of cute babies/toddlers.  Yall have some pretty cute kids. I'm happy for you, their milestones, lost teeth and elf on the shelf discoveries.  Not to mention I can snuggle with, love and play with your kid, and still go home with no (little) responsibilities.  It's quite enjoyable and preferred at this point in my life.  However I don't enjoy seeing photos of your pregnant belly.  While this is the only time in your life it's acceptable to brag about getting fat...I personally don't want to see this child until it is out of your stomach and the vernix is gone.

Merry Christmas to you, your puppies, and your children.  May none of you be sick this holiday season.  Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts