Dodged Bullets and Unanswered Prayers

Sometimes you dodge a bullet and sometimes your prayers go unanswered. Sometimes, an unanswered prayer helps you dodge a bullet.
 
Sometimes you wake up unhappy over missed opportunities, lost love and unwelcomed changes, but eventually, you wake up relieved and renewed.
 
Anger can be healthy. Sadness can be healthy. Anger and sadness lead to a strength that is incomprehensible until it is achieved.
 
...and strength. Strength is a funny thing. I can tell you my strength is not my own. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
 
So, don't give up. No matter what you're going through or what you went through...God will make you stronger. The more you lean on him, I can promise, through my own experience, doors will be opened and so will your eyes and you will be grateful when you come out on the other side. Don't let things bring you down; better days are ahead and you'll see it eventually.
 
You may have scars but they won't define you - and at least they won't be from a bullet cause God has so much more in store for you than the seemingly wrong things that you once prayed so earnestly for.

Comments

Popular Posts