Like a Fan

Let's be honest-- I'm a pretty corny person.  That being said, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that an analogy comparing myself to an inanimate object would amuse me.  A couple of nights ago I had one of those moments where you laugh outloud with no one around... and you feel a little crazy for laughing alone and wish someone was there to share the moment.  I laughed because I compared one of my biggest flaws and nutty personality characteristics (let's just blame the fact I'm female) to my fan.  Yep, I compared myself to a fan.

Lori as a fan... let's think cheesy.  Do I keep cool in any situation?  Do I have a calming effect on others?  Or maybe I run in circles a lot and don't really get anywhere (actually, that seems fairly accurate).  Nope... let me tell you about my fan.  My fan is the best.  It was on sale at Target, it's tall, skinny and aesthetically pleasing (for a fan...) and it has a remote!  The remote is perfect for an indecisive person like me because I can turn it on or off at my convenience at any hour of the morning and I don't even have to get out of bed.

OKAY, I'll get to the point.  The other night my flannel sheets were really doing their job, and coupled with the warmer weather as of recent it was a little too warm in my normally cozy  bed.  I turned on my fan and as usual, it starts off blasting away on the highest setting for about 3 seconds then goes down to the lowest power setting.  I'm not sure why it does that, but it does.  It always does this, but this time it really cracked me up and made me think...OH, MY LIFE. 

You don't know anyone who initially freaks out/goes crazy before looking at all aspects of a situation, do you?  I'm sure you don't have a friend that is a bit high stress before learning to chill, right?  Oh and I'm confident you aren't reading the blog of someone who overreacts over nothing.  Oh, wait... 

I'm trying every day to to be less like my fan.  Life really is too short to stress and sometimes I need a reminder (other than the ones from all the people reading this who are thinking "UM I TOLD YOU SO").  I'm glad I have friends who keep me around... I mean I can be pretty "cool."  ;)


photo credit: google- rotflpictures.com

Comments

Popular Posts