A Fun Post


If you can't tell by the pic, this is a way less serious note than my last couple of posts... so let me tell you about my weekend!  I went with a group of 11 to Charleston, SC for the Cooper River Bridge Run (10K).  This was my first 10K!  This was also my first time to Charleston; who doesn't love a road trip?

Highlights:  
I got to go to South of the Border for the first time (potty break).  It definitely reminded me of a crime scene, a little sketch, but it was awesome.  How could a sign saying "Give Pedro The Business" not make you want to stop?  (along with at least 20 other billboards of temptation...)

I ran the entire 6.2 miles (10K).  The entire thing.  Those of you who run half marathons and marathons can laugh...but for ME, this is a huge deal; I usually feel like I'm going to die after 2 miles.  My time was 1:18:30.  Considering I had to pee the whole time and had an impending sinus infection (that I'm currently being a TOTAL baby about), I think I did well.

We went to 4 restaurants I'd never been to before.  One of them was fancy and they had a crumb swiper as I called it.  The waiter literally had a little pencil sized stick to "vacuum" the crumbs from our bread when we dropped them on the table.  It's the little things.

I blew kisses at and made 6 truck drivers honk their horns on the way.  I also made a cop yawn.  Again, I'm easily amused.

Oh, and I saw lots of palm trees.  LOVE!

Hello, Pedro

our group after the run!

roommates for the weekend

at the park!

palm tree love

this is the bridge i ran!
photo credit: ravenelbridge.net and whoever sparky witte is



Comments

Popular Posts